Friday 26 July 2013

The Love you get is Equal to ...

My wife doesn't care about precious metals and precious stones in jewellery. She is afraid that it would tempt thieves. Anyway, she says that when it comes to presents, what counts is not the actual present you get, but how much time has been spent shopping for it. And she is the expert.

So no more gold and gems for her. I go to the shop, where they make their own jewellery. Not the one in our town, but in a town an hour's drive from home.

Suits me fine - Diesel's cheaper than Diamonds.

And I agree with the philosophy behind. Why go for the best, why go for perfection? Being born as a twin, I learned right from the start that 50 % was an acceptable result. Who cares if it is genuine, as long as it looks genuine?
 
I was not at home when she had her last birthday. But I had gotten her some jewellery with semi-precious stones from the shop in the neighbouring town.
 
I had left it on the desk as a birthday surprise for her.
 
In the evening a had an sms from her: "Thank you for your lovely present, my semi-precious!".
 


No comments :

Post a Comment