Friday 2 August 2013

I love you Mrs. Chritensi

My uncle Jack has a tattoo. It is on his upper arm, and it says "Mary". It is the name of his present wife, and also of his first wife, and of his second wife. He has been married several times. Always same sex marriages - i.e. always with a female. And always with a Mary.

He had it made when he was quite young and was dating his first wife, his first Mary. After they split up he was looking for a new partner. His tattoo, however, imposed some restrictions. No Laureen or Nathalie liked seeing another woman's name on the upper arm of their lovely darling.
 
So he had to look for a Mary. And he found one. And later he found yet another one.
 
It's not as bad as it looks, he has confided. There are plenty of Marys around. "Imagine if the name of my first girlfriend had been Phylicia. It would have been very difficult to find a replacement".
 
I like his tattoo. It looks cool - and I'd like to be cool too. But there is this problem with the name - should me and my wife ever part.
 
But I have the solution. The tattoo will say "I love Mrs. Chritensi". Then I could go for a Kathleen, a Lucie, a Linda, a Patricia or whatever. My choices will be unlimited.

No comments :

Post a Comment