Friday 7 September 2012

Why men snore and women don't

He had been up a few times during the night. Wasn’t sleeping well. He did not switch on the light. Didn’t want to wake up his wife or his two sons, who were sleeping in the room next to their bedroom.
He must, however, have made enough noise to wake up his youngest. Michael peeped out from behind the boys’ room – looking half awake, half asleep.
“Sorry Michael, did I wake you up?” he asked. “The snoring woke me”, he said”. “The snoring woke me”.
“I am sorry”, he said, “I will try my best not to snore again.”
“It sounded like Mummy snoring”, Michael remarked. “Women don’t snore!”, I informed him. He is his mother’s star, and she is his idol. He seemed to accept it, and his head disappeared behind the door again.
The next morning they all slept late. It was a Saturday. His wife had some friends over for lunch, so he took the boys out for some hours. They went down to the marina to look at the boats and have an ice cream.
They were sitting on a pontoon enjoying the son, talking about school and their friends at school.
A man was dosing in the cockpit of one of the yachts. A young woman was videotaping him.
He was snoring.

No comments :

Post a Comment